Here’s How To Start Healthy Meal Prepping
One of the biggest trends to have cropped up on social media is the meal prepping trend. The health benefits of meal prepping are many, but the biggest issue is that so many people just don’t know how to start meal prepping and get going with their healthy eating!
Meal prepping can make your whole week an easier one. You might be thinking about meal prepping but not know where to begin. It’s important to know first and foremost, however, that meal prepping isn’t as time consuming or hard as it’s made out to be!
Are you looking for the health benefits of meal prepping before deciding whether you should go for it? Great – here they are!
- You’re going to save a lot of time. When you choose to prepare meals, you are choosing to do one big cooking session once a week, rather than several hours per week cooking every night. Meal prepping more than one dish means you’ll be able to have a range of dishes in the freezer when you want to grab one!
- You’ll save money, too. Eating healthier and batch cooking your meals allows you to eat calorie controlled, healthier meals that cost you less overall. You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on individual meals every night; you just need to cook a few meals and freeze in advance!
- You can manage your portions. Are you looking to control your calories? Great meal prepping allows you portion control. You can make portions of your favorite foods and you can better manage your meals and weight loss goals.
- You can lower your stress. Coming home from a long day at work only to stand at the kitchen counters cooking is just stressful. Figuring out what you should make for dinner is a pain but if you have a freezer and a refrigerator for meals already, you’ll not have to feel stressed when you get home anymore.
- You gain new skills. You can really grow your kitchen confidence when you prepare meals. You’ll test out new recipes and gain a better perspective on the food you’re eating and how it’s all cooked, too! All of the meals that you cook will have different methods behind them, and you can use these when you are prepping a week of meals.
- You’ll inspire others to do the same. When people see your meal prep, you’ll inspire them to make healthier changes in their day to day life. Meal prepping takes time to get used to and you can ensure that a step in the right direction helps others, too. It’ll become a weekly habit that changes how you eat, what you eat and others will follow suit.
If you are looking to prepare meals, it’s always a good idea to start off making lists of meals you love and figuring out the best storage methods. Once you’ve got those, you can buy the ingredients, batch cook the food and you’re ready to go!